The Suncoast Waldorf School Parents Community creates and nurtures a vibrant community through volunteerism that supports and enriches the lives of parents, staff and students. It is comprised of all the parents and participation is highly encouraged.
Come together as a community to help support our developing Waldorf School and its families.
Support, educate and facilitate communication within the Waldorf community:
– Support quality Waldorf education at the Suncoast Waldorf School
– Educate, support and challenge ourselves as parents in the transforming work of Waldorf education
– Provide a place for parents’ voices through discussion within the school community
– “Hold” the school community through its support, response, and involvement in all aspects of its work
- All parents at SWS are automatically members of the Parents Community
- Class representatives serve as liaisons for their respective classes, teachers and the PC
- Parents Community to have a liaison with governance, board and faculty
Parents Community meetings are held bi-monthly. This is a wonderful opportunity to hear what is going on in many areas of the school, to learn about and have input on upcoming PC activities, school decision making, and to socialize with fellow parents.
Educating our community through lectures, workshops, and documentaries such as:
- Lecture Series led by SWS teachers & faculty
- Art & Eurhythmy Series
- Guest speakers
- Documentary Screenings
It’s important that families support the goals of educating & uplifting the community through attendance. Suggested speakers and topics welcomed.
All meetings to take place in the Cafeteria (Stapleton Building) and will be from 8:30-9:30am
|September 26, 2013
||March 20, 2012
|December 11, 2013||May 22, 2014|
|January 23, 2014
Topics to be addressed this year: Class Parents, community building, parent communication, guest speaker series + documentaries (considerations: Richard Louv, Douglas Gerwin, Joe Savage, John Kim Payne + No Child Left Behind, Play Again)
Plus, whatever else you, the parents want to bring to the community to discuss!